Our Thrift Shoppe was created to generate an additional revenue source to fund our mission. The Shoppe is staffed by volunteers who want to help others. Volunteers’ hard work pays off as the funds raised ensure that every patient gets the care they need regardless of their ability to pay. We hope you will consider how you can be a part of this important ministry and outreach.
Thrift Shoppe volunteers sort and price merchandise, organize and display items, greet customers, pick up donations in the community and advocate for Shepherd’s Cove Hospice. Individuals interested in volunteering for the Thrift Shoppe should contact the Shoppe Team Leader at 256-582-DEAL (3325) to schedule a time to complete an application.
As a volunteer you will be asked to:
- Attend volunteer orientation and training sessions required for your role
- Be reliable and prompt when performing assignments
- Successfully pass a background check
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organization
In return, you will receive:
- The joy of making a difference in the lives of our patients and families
- The satisfaction of giving back to our community
- The recognition, support and appreciation of Shepherd’s Cove Hospice staff and the Board of Directors
- The chance to meet new, interesting people