“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field … you shall leave them for the needy and for the stranger.” Leviticus 23:22
The Shepherd’s Field Program is a partnership opportunity between local churches and Shepherd’s Cove. The Shepherd’s Field Program encourages members of your church to be intentional about selecting their gently used household items for donation the the Shepherd’s Cove Thrift Shoppe. The stores then return a portion of the value of these items in the form of gift cards to your church to be used to help those directly in your care.
How does the Shepherd’s Field Program help my church?
1. The Shepherd’s Field Program gives your church a practical way to meet the Biblical mandate of caring for the hurting and homeless and gives you a plan to do so.
2. The Shepherd’s Field Program puts resources, beginning with gift cards to the Shepherd’s Cove Thrift Shoppe, in the hands of every partner church. Many partners use the gift cards as part of their exisiting benevolence ministries. We recognize you know the needs of your community better than we do and want to equip you to make a difference.
How does this partnership work?
1. Individuals or families donate their gently used items to the Shepherd’s Cove Thrift Shoppe.
2. The SCTS employee serving them will ask the name of your church.
3. Quarterly, your church will recieve gift cards to the Shepherd’s Cove Thrift Shoppe that can be given to anyone who comes to your church in need. and donors are still able to take advantage of the tax-deduction with every gift to the Shepherd’s Cove Thrift Shoppe.
How do I get my church involved with the Shepherd’s Field program?
You can sign up right here, right now. Share the information of your church and a point of contact and we’re on our way to developing a growing relationship. You’ll begin receiving resources by e-mail almost immediately and every donation made on behalf of your church will be credited to you.